Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Life is full of challenges!

So as many of you know I work at Hale Theatre. And I love theatre(this is where my lovely husband would roll his eyes) especially being in shows. Although I haven't made it into a show at Hale, I auditioned for 2 shows just recently Babes in Toyland (at the Empress Theatre in Magna) and Savior of the World(at the Church's Conference Center Theater). Personally I thought that I totally did HORRIBLE for my audition for Babes in Toyland, and that my audition for Savior of the World audition was amazingly better! But what do I know (well ok I know the director of Babes in Toyland) So I am cast in Babes in Toyland!!! I didn't make Savior of the world but I will definately audition again, that experince was amazing (but another story, if you want to hear about it email me.) So much to my husbands dismay I am in a show luckily I only so far have rehearsals on wednesday nights. That was a blessing this last weekend when I didn't have work at Hale(we are inbetween shows Into the Woods starts tonight) or rehearsal, because my son had a very hard night (friday-saturday). It started with him being bit 3 times by the same girl at daycare on thursday, but Friday night he went to bed fine but then I was awaken by an almost blood curtiling scream from him. I ran to check on him, when I got to his room he threw himself down on his bed and was gripping his stomach (mind you he is only 2 and can't really convey what he is feeling very well) and after finally getting him out of bed, he screamed that he wanted daddy, so I rushed to get my husband who helped calm him down but I could tell that he still wasn't doing good, and had spats of screaming. We almost took him to the ER when he finally calmed down I let my husband go back to sleep and between 3 and 6am my son threw up about 8 to 10 times. Then he wanted daddy at 6 so we went and got him then I got to sleep from 6 to 9 while the boys slept together on the lazyboy. He got back to his normal self by monday.

Well I hope to be able to post more later.

1 comment:

Matilda said...

Ahhh, sick kids are a joy... NOT!

COngrats on Babes in Toy Land! WAHOO!!

And SO exctied for INTO THE WOODS!!! COunting doen the days!! YAY!

I auditioned for Savior of the world, and didn't make it either. Which is weird, I've never not made a show. But it was fun auditioning there!

Have fun!