Tuesday, June 2, 2009

A Birthday Post for My Brother!

To My Brother

You have always been there when I needed you whether it be in person, a letter in the mail or a much needed phone call. You have been a shoulder to cry on and a great person to laugh with.

An amazing brother that would haul the twin mattresses to the stairs so we could slide down them in garbage bags. I will always appreciate that fact that you cared so much about me to close the basement door so that I wouldn't smack my head into the fireplace downstairs.

And remember the time that we told Mary Wheeler to shake up the clearly canadian so that it would taste better, and she believed us?

You are an amazing man, and I appreciate everything that you have done for me.

I know you are spending your birthday alone but I want you to know that we are thinking about you and love you very much.

Just one last note...Mom now knows why the basement door isn't as good as it used to be... and she told me that she is writing it in her will for you to fix it!

Love you Brother!

2 comments:

BECKY said...

I don't know much about your brother, but this post was a cute one. :) I hope things are going well and that your hubby has found a job. Love ya.

Unknown said...

You forgot to mention the fact that we gathered every pillow or pillow-like object in the house and made a huge pile of fluff at the end of the mattress stair slide. I think that's why Mom got the new couch that couldn't remove the cushions.
I'd like to think the basement door was half me half Pepper.
I remember the only Christmas we didn't sleep in the same room to wait for Santa. You had a sudden fear of Santa, and Mom had to go back and forth something like 20 times down the hallway. Telling me Santa was coming, and telling you Santa wasn't coming in the house.
I love you Lizzy! I think of you every time I look at my old snuffle-lupigus stuffed animal.