Friday, November 6, 2009

New updates about Squirt and Peanut.

Lots has been happening but just a quick update for now (I promise pictures will be coming soon.)

Squirt's surgery went well - can I just tell you that a 3 year old on anti anxiety meds can get really loopy and it is so funny, especially when he laughs at himself.
They did multiple biopsies but they didn't find anything, no allergy cells for the dairy issues, no signs of sugar absorption issues. Nothing. It is frustrating because now the doctor told us since we didn't find anything that we should just stay away from it for 6 months then try again. If he still has a problem wait another six months, and he should hopefully grow out of it between the ages of 5 and 7.
Yes the joys of hiding cheese from my son and trying to tell him why he can't have cereal with the milk that mom and dad use. (yes that was sarcastic)

Peanut has had 2 ear infections now, one right after the other. Can I tell you how much prescriptions cost when you don't have money because you are paying multiple hospital bills. Hopefully the ear infections will stop after this one so that he doesn't have to be like his brother and get ear tubes. He is growing up so much though, his normal morning routine is wake up at 5 am - yes 5am - and then I get ready for the day while we talk (ok I talk and he coos and smile and laugh) unfortunately Squirt has gotten up the last few mornings at 6 so no extra rest for me.

Anyway that is about it for now. My husband went full time with his job on Nov. 1st, yea for more money to pay off all the bills.

3 things I am grateful for:
1 - the moon - Squirt looks for it every morning, and it is so cute when he finds it.
2 - Peanut - even though he wakes up early his smiles and coos make it worth it.
3 - Friends - those who touch my life and those who let me touch theirs.

1 comment:

BECKY said...

Sorry about the sickies... hopefully this winter won't be a long one. Loved the grateful list!