These last few weeks have been very crazy for us, but it has been fun.
About 2 weeks ago we moved Squirt into his big boy bed.(note to anyone reading that if you by an extendable bed from Ikea that expands to be a twin size bed that toddler bed sheets won't fit it.) So luckily Grandma Rosie still had some old Mickey Mouse sheets from when my brothers and I were little. Squirt loves his new bed but the funny thing is that he won't get out of his bed until someone is in his room with him. I love being woken up by his little voice saying "Mom!! Open Door!!" or "Dad!! Open Door!!" He is so cute when he says it even if he does wake up at 7:30 on mornings that he really should be sleeping in so I can too.
Last night Squirt had a hard time sleeping. He finally went to bed for me around 9:30 because he was coughing. I gave him some medicine though and I thought he was doing better. So I got in the shower and then heard him cry because he was coughing so much he couldn't sleep, so Daddy went in and got him and tried to get him back to bed and we thought that that worked but it didn't. Within 5 minutes he was awake again. So I got up with him and snuggled but he wanted to go to bed again so I took him in to his bed and decided to get in bed with him and just rubbed his back and he was finally able to go to sleep.
We all have colds right now and hope to be over them soon. But we found out this last Monday that Squirt also has a pretty bad ear infection so he gets to have his 3rd set of ear tubes put in next Tuesday. (we will see how he does with the fireworks at the rodeo this weekend)
We are going to try to get Squirt on a horse this weekend and hope that it goes better than when we tried a year ago, when he cried the whole time. I will post pictures if get some taken.
Life is crazy we have had a lot going on but somehow we keep plugging along. It is so nice to know that I only have 7 weeks from today until this next little bundle of joy comes into our lives. I am so ready for him to be here. When I was pregnant with Squirt, he never really got the hiccups and he would only really kick me if I were pushing in on my stomach. So about a month ago I really liked being pregnant with this one because he wasn't really kicking...well that was wishful thinking. This child gets the hiccups and instead of kicking me he headbutts me in my pelvic bone and he loves to just randomly stick his foot/feet out.
So we are still making it by somehow. My loving husband is still trying to find a job so money is a little tight right now but somehow we will make it. We also really need a bigger car for when the baby comes but we will get by until we have the money.
Just want to wish my youngest niece a Happy Birthday on the 7th! She turns 1. It is hard to think that my brother and his family have been gone for almost a year now.
So I like reading other peoples blogs and I like what I saw on one of the blogs I follow that this lady at the end of each post puts 3 good things at the end of each post. So here are my 3 good things
Good Things...
1. I only have 7 weeks left!
2. still getting the chance to occasionally snuggle with squirt at night before his bed time.
3.getting to go to the Oakley rodeo this year!
1 comment:
So sweet!
Also, hope you're all feeling much better!
Post a Comment